Experienced Visual Web / UX Designer at Science, Santa MonicaPosted: October 11th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: css, Experienced, html, santa monica, UX Designer, Visual Web | Leave a comment »
Science creates, scales and acquires successful digital businesses by bringing together the best ideas, talent, resources and financing through a centralized platform. We focus on three things: developing new businesses, providing emerging startups with operational strategy and capital, and transforming later-stage Internet ventures with new talent and innovations.
We’re on the hunt for a contract visual designer who is as equally passionate, as they are experienced and skillful. We’re looking for that rare breed – that unique someone who possesses not only a deep appreciation for producing inspired, user centric design but an inherent understanding of how design, technology and commerce intersect.
**Only local candidates able to work onsite will be considered.
- Responsible for creating wireframes, comps, storyboards and visual prototypes
- Provide creative solutions consistent with current web design standards
- Provide and manage design specifications, style guides and documentation
- Own all aspects of production timelines by overseeing third party designers and creative vendors to ensure on time and accurate delivery of all visual assets, every time.
- Collaborate with senior creative, product and executive teams
- Institute an organized and effective design process
- Advanced proficiency withup-to-datedesign tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign CS5 or CS6)
- A proven ability to work in fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- 3-5 years experience in a deadline, results driven production environment
- Must possess a comprehensive understanding of design and usability best practices
- Must possess a strong understanding of basic principals of design, typography, color theory and standards for e-commerce.
- Photo editing and color correction skills are a MUST
- Basic front end web development skills (CSS, HTML) are a HUGE plus – although, not an absolute requisite
- Last, but not least, you possess pixel perfect pride in your work- and you’re prepared to show it