Front End Web Developer / Designer at YokoPosted: October 20th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Interaction Design | Tags: css, Designer, front end, html, Web Developer | Leave a comment »
We’re looking for a front end developer with a keen set of design skills to join our team. You’ll work with your team to develop custom solutions for clients in a variety of industries. For the most part, you’ll work on website design and development using open source frameworks and content management systems. You’ll also be looked to help lead solutions including integration with various third party applications (Salesforce, SugarCRM, MailChimp, etc.) though API calls and of course simple embedded forms.
Our firm helps clients maximize the use of their web presence, which also includes assistance with social media and ensuring that best practices are followed for search engine performance. Experience with social media and search engine optimization, even at a basic level, will be useful.
We’re looking for someone with at least 2-3 years of experience in web development, ideally in a situation dealing with multiple projects at a time. Location isn’t an issue, much of our team works virtually and are located around the country.
To receive a response more quickly please include your portfolio and/or links to your work in addition to resume/bio or link to your LinkedIn account.
We look forward to chatting to you!
Required skills and experience:
- 2-3 years experience in web design and development
- Expertise in HTML and CSS
- Expertise with PHP and MySQL
- Ability to develop integration to third party apps via API
- Experience with Drupal and WordPress
- Ability to mock up designs in Photoshop
- Understanding of web design and development trends and best practices
- Ability to communicate through online tools (IM, Skype, Email)
- Able to adapt and adjust to quick moving projects
- Ability to handle multiple ongoing projects at one time
- Ability to self-manage and work well alone, as well as part of a small team
- Enjoy designing and building solutions and helping people