Temporary Print Designer, Los AngelesPosted: October 11th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: illustrator, indesign, los angeles, photoshop, Print Designer, Temporary | Leave a comment »
We are seeking a Print Designer who will collaborate with VP of Video/Web and Print to maintain and promote the brand and design consistency across multiple channels and platforms. Designer will work on complex and time-sensitive print design projects from conception through mechanicals. Must be able to provide samples and a portfolio supporting strong Typography skills, layout, concepts, keyart and mechanicals. Successful candidate must have strong organizational skills, ability to communicate with printing vendors, advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign and Photoshop. Will create concepts through completion on such projects as invitations, keyart, advertising trade and consumer ads, web banners, and presentation books, entertainment style guides. The candidate will need to have an awareness of state of the art techniques, best practices and developments within the design community.
- Conceptualizes creative from concept to completion of projects.
- Delivers the design solutions necessary to accommodate all print platforms and requests.
- Effectively Partners with peers, direct reports and internal clients to ensure that the work meets creative and strategic standards appropriate to the target audiences and expertly produced and on-brand.
- Manages internal production of projects and outside vendor production.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: (The requirements that must be met by applicant)
- Bachelor’s degree along with 1-2 years of design experience, or equivalent
- Experience using InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Has reputation for working well within budget and deadline parameters
- Has a proven track record in developing creative print solutions for other broadcast/cable networks or production companies
- Prior experience using Powerpoint and Word a plus
- Must possess strong design, technical, organizational and communication skills and work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrates an ongoing desire to keep updated on the latest trends in creative craft, technical skills and business acumen
- Is known to be an excellent communicator/partner
- Showcases a spirit of team building vs. turf building working style
- Has the ability to showcase diplomatic skills in the face of the unpredictable; responds with “can do” attitude to tight turnaround deadlines
- Articulate communicator
Note: Relocation will not be provided.