Visual Designer, Santa MonicaPosted: October 20th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: iconography skills, santa monica, Visual Designer | Leave a comment »
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media – how it’s created, consumed and shared!
The eHow.com team is looking for a passionate mobile designer with the talent to create elegant designs, the skills to participate throughout the product development process, and the passion to help us create innovative experiences for our users.
We have a collaborative, innovative culture, and you’ll work closely with the business owners, product management, front-end developers, our SEO team, and the eHow.com mobile engineering team during the entire product lifecycle, from concept stage until delivery and post launch support to define and design the user experience across a variety of editorial and content initiatives—from baseline research to full execution and production.
Our team is fast and agile and you’ll see the direct impact of your work on revenue. The candidate must be a strategic, independent, self-motivated, creative professional, capable of adapting quickly to a fast-paced environment. The candidate should also have excellent communication skills and be able to articulate their ideas to designers, product managers and developers. The candidate must have an extremely developed sense of design and impeccable attention to detail. This is an active hands-on role that will require a designer who can solve visual and interaction design challenges but is also capable of taking active design direction.
This is an opportunity for you to develop the next generation mobile web (phone & tablet) experience!
We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers.
This position is located in Santa Monica, CA.
- Producing innovative yet intuitive design solutions that address complex consumer, editorial and marketing needs.
- Design the look-and-feel of eHow’s mobile sites, keeping in mind, user goals and restrictions, latest web design trends, business goals and application environment.
- Creating rapidly developing pixel-accurate visual mockups.
- Working closely with the Product, Engineering and QA teams to support UX implementation efforts.
- Working with the eHow Art Director and the mobile web team in designing for eHow mobile across a variety of vertical categories.
- Knowledge to carry design vision over to multiple mobile platforms to create cohesive look and feel that compliments the eHow.com brand.
- Developing and working with style guides to ensure consistency throughout mobile site.
- Gracefully and creatively create solutions for advertising and marketing.
- Participate in the design and development of new design and UI functionality for mobile web applications.
- Keep up to date with latest online and mobile trends.
- Must demonstrate outstanding talent, creativity and design sensibility.
- 3+ years of designing consumer focused, media rich web UX.
- BFA or BA degree in design related studies.
- Strong understanding of the user-centered design process.
- Experience in designing web applications for mobile and touch devices.
- Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Expert-level proficiency in Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Solid understanding of web trends and technologies.
- Typographic, color, and layout skills, and a deep understanding of how these basic design principles are applied to the mobile web.
- Strong iconography skills.
- Strong knowledge of user-interface and information architecture principles.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS driven layouts.
- Previous experience with mobile application design a plus.
- Ability to accomplish timely delivery of projects in a fast paced tight deadline environment.
- Detail-oriented and highly communicative, with the ability to work independently, think critically and solve problems.
- Flexibility when incorporating design suggestions and critiques. Willingness to learn new things a must.
- Must be a very self-motivated, curious and creative individual.
- Enjoy being an important member of our fun, fast paced, energetic and very agile team.
- Online portfolio is required.