Senior Graphic Artist at Doria International, Santa MonicaPosted: November 7th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: Graphic Artist, santa monica, senior | Leave a comment »
We are seeking an experienced graphic designer to become part of our fast growing internal development team. This person will be responsible for creating innovative design solutions for color and graphic design on packaging, as well as other marketing, sales and product development materials (annual catalog, packaging, POP and in-store graphics, advertising, web design/graphics, email blasts, etc.). This position will be exposed to a wide range of design opportunities and will require significant leadership and creativity. Your designs and work will be seen by consumers around the world, on retail packaging, in printed advertising, on the web and more.
We are looking for the person who is ready to take their career to the next level and put their stamp on the industry.
This position will be given a large amount of independence, responsibility and control. With this freedom, we will always ask for quick responsive communication, a high personal standard for your work, excellent personal scheduling and accountability.
Must work well in a collaborative, team environment and be a motivated, self-starter with the ability to meet aggressive deadlines. In addition, a high level of design, production capability and communication skills is essential.
- Work closely with management team to concept, design and create packaging, marketing and other materials for new products and promotions.
- Maintain design integrity with an understanding of (while helping to evolve) overall brand direction, positioning, strategies and objectives.
- Establish process, evolve design standards and provide leadership to help grow and strengthen our brand experience and internal team.
- Day-to-day production and creation of packaging, marketing and other materials.
- Benchmark and exceed competitive efforts in the industry and consumer products in general.
- Color correction and press check experience, as well as sample review experience preferred
Specific Skills & Requirements
- 3 years of years of professional design experience
- Must be responsible for self-managing workload, and deliver work on time.
- Must be able to handle a number of projects simultaneously
- Technology products and/or related accessories experience is required
- Understanding of Apple ecosystem is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of design and development processes from concept to production is critical
- Broad knowledge of packaging materials and production processes
- Must have minimum production knowledge (you design things that can be printed/constructed/made)
- Product Photography experience a plus.
- Exp. working w/ Asian suppliers and strong negotiation skills preferred
- Must be able to articulately convey ideas, present concepts and lead discussions
- Ability to manage, organize and lead various meetings and presentations
- Occasional travel, possibly international will be required
How to Apply
Apply via email to: email@example.com