UX Researcher/Designer, Santa MonicaPosted: November 13th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: Designer, santa monica, UX Researcher | Leave a comment »
A Company is seeking for UX Researcher
- 3-4 years “solid” experience – excluding school projects or research work. They should have managed research efforts for large-scale projects – i.e. recruiting, writing screeners, working with recruiting firms, logistis of a testing lab, analyzing results, processing data, capturing findings and translating them to design recommendations.
- They should be comfortable owning and managing research efforts and be well versed in research techniques – usability testing, contextual inquiries, qualitative and quantities research methods, etc.
Traning And Education
- Strong formal training and experience in UX Research techniques: Contextual Inquiry, Heuristic Evaluation, Usability Testing, Card Sorting, Personas, Surveys, Storyboards, Competitive Evaluation.
- Ability to translate research into User-cented-Design: Information Architecture, Wireframes, Interactive Prototyping
- Masters in HCI, Information Technology, Cognitive Science, or related field.
Design Tools: Axure, Visio, Dreamweaver, Camtasia, Omnigraffel, etc.
Nice to have…
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS
- A strong eye for aesthetics
- Fluency in Photoshop