UX/IA Designer, Rancho DominguezPosted: November 13th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Interaction Design | Tags: Designer, IA, Rancho Dominguez, UX | Leave a comment »
OneStop Internet is looking for an experienced UX/IA designer who specializes in eCommerce. OneStop Internet manages 30+ high profile brands and its eCommerce platforms, and we need someone who can provide the “best practice” solutions that are catered to each of our client brand. You will be working with some of the most talented and dedicated creative, account, production and project management team members to consult on project briefs, content architecture, UI design, and project execution. The UX Designer will be responsible for driving the UX process from gathering user data and initial concepts through to final implementation in both online stores and various mobile platforms. The candidate should be able to not only create and present (both visually and verbally) interaction design concepts and produce detailed documentation to communicate site design/functionality but also understand constraints and propose effective design solutions based on project requirements, business objectives and strategy. This person should be comfortable using web analytics data to inform and defend design decisions and will evangelize UX design principles internally and externally.
Responsibilities of UX/IA Designer:
- Help define and gather UX requirements from the client and OneStop internal team.
- Organize and architect content/features/functionality for new and existing websites and applications.
- Translate business requirements into elegant, innovative and intuitive design solutions, balancing user needs with business goals and technological constraints.
- Create process flows, site maps, wireframes, and key UX documentation.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes visual designers, project managers, product strategists, and developers.
Requirements of UX/IA Designer:
- Must have bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience developing interactive products as an Information Architect, Interaction Designer, Product Designer, User Experience Designer, or Usability Engineer.
- Proactive and creative problem solving skills with an intellectual interest in current and new technologies and techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, follow-through.
- Ability to convey design and design decisions effectively both visually and verbally to varied audiences.
- Must have portfolio available for review.
- Proficient with wireframing and prototyping tools such as Visio/OmniGraffle/InDesign/Axure.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks across multiple projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of UX design for iOS, Android, Mobile Web a big plus.