Art Director at Cie Games, Long BeachPosted: December 17th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Director | Tags: art director, communication skills, Long Beach, presentation skills | Leave a comment »
Cie Games is looking for an Art Director to lead the creative direction and art development process. The Art Director would head a team of talented designers, 3D modelers, and post-production artists in the production of high quality creative materials. This person not only ensures the department runs effectively, but creates an environment that inspires creativity and the best designs from his/her team. The position requires the ability to respond quickly to changing priorities, deadlines, and new projects. The Art Director will act as a leader in contributing to our games’ visual strategy and vision and work closely with the President and CEO to establish and maintain visual integrity, brand standards, and consistency across all titles. This is a ‘hands on’ role so you must possess exceptional Design/UI/UX skills as well as the ability to lead and inspire a team.
Cie Games is a fast growing social game company and we are looking for people who thrive in a creative workspace and are analytical, resourceful, self-motivated, and passionate about games and technology.
- Drive creative development of overall look and visual quality of the UI/UX in-game
- Provide constructive feedback and coaching to a team of designers, 3D modelers, and post-production artists
- Guide and mentor team: hire, induct, and manage team members and assist with career and skills development
- Define the game’s visual look and lead the team to delivering a consistent artistic vision
- Research, explore, and communicate best practices in art and discern which competitive ideas are most effective; lead the development of goals, standards, processes, and feedback mechanisms
- Establish a collaborative art culture that engages creative talent and maximizes team potential
- Work with the Associate Producer to manage projections and assignments of all art projects
- Establish, communicate, and manage department objectives to meet project schedules
- Take an active role in developing, maintaining, and refining a vision for art direction
- Lead inter-department communications as they relate to art
- Exceptional online portfolio demonstrating interactive UI/UX design is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Graphic Arts, or related field is required
- Professional Mastery of the latest Adobe Creative Suite software, including Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, and Flash
- Solid experience in the entertainment and/or game markets
- 5+ years of professional experience and advanced leadership including communication and project management skills required, with a minimum of 3+ years as a senior level professional
- Successful track record in developing and managing multidisciplinary art teams of more than10 people
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely and a willingness to share ideas with individuals at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to direct and multi-task effectively under pressure, while balancing speed and quality of the work
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Strong conceptual thinking – both visual and interactive
Cie Games provides a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes health coverage, employer-matched 401k, interesting projects, and exceptional growth opportunities. You’ll work with a smart group of driven and talented Project Managers, Designers, and Developers.