Graphic Designer at Hampton Direct, LAPosted: December 17th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Interaction Design | Tags: Adobe Creative Suite, excel, Graphic Designer, illustrator, los angeles, photoshop, powerpoint, word | Leave a comment »
The Marketing & Corporate Communications department located in our Woodland Hills, Southern California office is responsible for the corporate branding to the Hampton Direct audience. The Graphic Designer supports the design efforts across the company, working with creative services, digital, sales and Direct Response marketing teams. This position will create and apply consistent branding guidelines to all design projects, and is responsible for creating new and innovative visual content across various media in the department including print, digital and web applications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Create design elements to be used with Hampton Direct’s consumer product offerings and web campaigns.
- Lead the development of all packaging specifications for established brands relating to branding (logo and its design), hangtags, inserts, labeling, care and use instructions and regulatory requirements for compliance.
- Create compelling packaging and point of sale collateral materials that reinforce features and benefits of the product as well as maintaining the integrity of packaging structure.
- Manage and participate in all phases of the design process from concept through execution. Insure that packaging development meet all specifications relating to cost and project completion.
- Interact with internal clients; work closely with sales, sourcing, and product development teams to develop and implement design solutions.
- Monitor quality of packaging to insure that color, branding identity is executed according to packaging specifications.
- Develop structure and creative layout concepts for all collateral material as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with film-making, production processes, direct response industry practices a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency on MAC based software, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite 4 and ability to keep up with its updates. InDesign, Acrobat Pro, Dreamweaver and Flash experience a plus.
- Ability to take projects from concept to print and delivery, including photography shoots and image manipulation.
- Exhibits a real passion for creating consumer demand through effective packaging design that incorporates aesthetically pleasing graphics art and packaging layout/structure.
- Exhibits excellent skills in composition, typography, design and color.
- Ability to display conceptual ideas as rough sketches and in electronic format.
- Proven ability to juggle various projects and handle tight deadlines in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with seasoned creative and marketing teams.
- Detailed-oriented, resourceful and excellent follow-through
- Ability to define and analyze problems, and develop conclusions and solutions
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret written and oral information, and the ability to communicate clearly with customers and employees.
- Experience with Adobe After Effects or Autodesk desired, but not required.
- Proficient in basic web operations (Hosting, DNS etc.) desired, but not required.
Required Education and/or Experience
College degree and minimum 3 years packaging design experience, large corporate or agency experience a plus. Experience working on housewares packaging, promotions, licensing…
We offer a full range of benefits to our employees, including medical, dental and vision insurance, profit sharing and 401(k) plan and fifty-two free company lunches a year.
Before applying, please visit our website (www.hamptondirect.com) to get a feel of who we are and what we do. To apply, please submit a cover letter, including a three-year salary history and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. All serious inquiries are welcome and will be held in the strictest confidence. No phone calls, please.
We thank you for your interest in Hampton Direct, and look forward to hearing from you!
How to Apply
Apply via email to: email@example.com