Frontend Developer, Los AngelesPosted: February 11th, 2013 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: CSS3, Frontend Developer, HTML5, los angeles | Leave a comment »
We are looking for an LA-based frontend developer to join a great team working on cool projects. You will be building and launching sites for clients like TED, XPrize, Noodle.org, UCLA, Kaiser, GLOW and the Smithsonian. We have a great loft space in Downtown LA’s Arts District (with a 1966 Airstream Trailer that serves as the in-office conference room!) with a relaxed working environment full of smart, fun people.
This job is open to local candidates only: we love working with remote people and have remote contractors on staff, but we need this particular position on-site.
- You have a Github account and are following some interesting projects and people. Even better if you have some public projects we can look at!
- You’re deeply familiar with CSS3 and the HTML5 APIs and can use them to produce faithful renderings of design comps
- You have solid in-depth JS/jQuery knowledge
- You write clean, semantic markup and well-organized JS/CSS
- You have experience with WordPress theming.
- You know your shims and understand the principles of progressive enhancement – your work is usable in IE7 and gorgeous in IE9
- You’ve worked on responsive design projects and understand how to effectively, maintainably leverage media queries
- Understand the goals and strategy behind each project from conception through completion
- You like building things. You like designers. You like making clients happy.