Graphic Designer at Spike.com, Santa MonicaPosted: February 8th, 2013 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: Graphic Designer, santa monica | Leave a comment »
SPIKE Digital Entertainment is conducting a search for a hands-on Graphic Designer to join our talented team. The Graphic Designer will be a self-starter that works under the Art Director and Creative Director based in our NY headquarters and will be working on multiple digital properties and responsible for not only translating SPIKE TV’s on-air campaigns into stunning online design, but also supporting in the interactive product design process for all of SDE’s sites and custom sites we build for large events with a focus on GameTrailers.com
• A keen interest in interactive and product design.
• A proven track record of self-management and communication skills working within a bi-costal team.
• The ability to plug into projects with senior management concentrated on the east coast.
• Has a compulsion to impress and always improve.
• A strong ability to work with creative supplied by sales, and also work with marketing and external clients to integrate their goals and branding into our current digital initiatives.
• Able to develop and execute new and innovative creative solutions for marketing and their clients.
• Works very well in a team setting and also takes direction well.
• Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast paced deadline driven environment and manages their own timelines effectively.
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
• A thirst for excellence and a pride in having their work published on a regular basis.
• Knowledge of basic web page layouts and standard web practices
• Excellent Verbal and written communication skills to acquire information and produce desired results from co-workers and vendors.
• An interest in being up with the latest design trends.
• Must be organized and detail oriented with good follow through skills.
• An understanding of social web and standard web practices.
• 3 years minimum with a strong design background in a creative industry
• Must have strong online portfolio
• Highly proficient with CS4/5 Suite, specifically Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
• PowerPoint and Mac OSX operating systems are essential
• Knowledge and understating of HTML/CSS.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field is a plus
• Understanding of interaction design, layout and typography for the web.
• After Effects a HUGE plus.
• Flash experience and knowledge of AS2/AS3 a plus.
• Gaming Industry knowledge encouraged.