Senior Project Manager, Los AngelesPosted: February 11th, 2013 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Leadership | Tags: los angeles, project manager, senior | Leave a comment »
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join a great team working on cool projects. You will be managing and working closely with our clients, our executive team, designers, developers and QA. We design, build and launch applications for clients such as TED, XPrize, Noodle.org, UCLA, Kaiser and the Smithsonian. We have a great loft space in Downtown LA’s Arts District (with a 1966 Airstream Trailer that serves as the in-office conference room!) and would love for you to join us here.
Most importantly we are looking for someone who has a strong sense of accountability for the success of the projects and teams they are leading – someone passionate about meeting and exceeding our clients’ needs, while ensuring that our budget and timelines are being met.
- A technical/web products background and experience in startup or small company environments.
- An agile but flexible approach to development projects – the ability to define, maintain and modify a Lean/Kanban-inspired process which works well for the projects you’re running and teams you’re leading.
- The ability to facilitate communication between client, design and development teams to define a product’s requirements.
- Experience organizing and managing projects with online project management tools (Basecamp) and agile tracking software (Pivotal Tracker or something similar)
- Responsible for project and quality of delivery from original concept through launch
- Develop and maintain the project story backlog and provide clear communication lines between clients, the design team and development
- Communicate project direction, approach, priorities, events and status to all team members and business sponsors.
- Set and manage client expectations.
- Ensure project deliverables are on time, budgets are being met, and that we are doing so in a way that is satisfactory to the client.
- Should be able to speak to team productivity, and technical solutions at a moment’s notice. (This could be at an internal executive team level, or at a client level.)
- Mitigate project risks and manage issues.
- Manage project scope and change management.
NICE TO HAVE:
- CSM certification.
- Background in analysis, or product strategy with an emphasis on critical thinking skills.
- Aptitude for recognizing areas of improvement and providing leadership in process and technical improvements.
- Good at building solid client relationships so that you can anticipate client needs and propose appropriate solutions based on product knowledge.