User Experience DesignerPosted: August 20th, 2016 | Author: editor | Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a comment »
Who we areWe are a family-first technology company empowering families to connect, share and thrive. WavHello was started in 2009 by close friends Curtis Williams and Matt von Waaden. During his wife’s pregnancy with their first child, Curtis was inspired to find a unique way to connect with their baby and soon after, WavHello’s first product, BellyBuds, was born (along with his daughter, Adeline). Since then we have grown into a family-first technology company creating a category all our own.
Our products: BellyBuds specialized speaker system gently adheres to your belly and allows you to safely play memory-shaping sounds directly to the womb. VoiceShare is our free mobile app that allows you and anyone you love to record messages, upload music, and even create playlists to share with your child and with each other. BellyBuds Music is a selection of classical, instrumental arrangements of popular hits to share with baby in the womb, at birth, and beyond! Coming up in the Fall of 2016,SoundBub portable Bluetooth music player and infant soother connects to our VoiceShare App and allows you to soothe, stimulate and connect with your sweet-bundle of joy both in the nursery and on-the-go. What we are looking forIf you are interested in using technology in smart and practical ways to enhance the moments of your life and like working in a creative and entrepreneurial environment building new and exciting products, WavHello is the place for you.
We are currently looking for a User Experience Designer who will take on a pivotal role in shaping the user experience for customers on our mobile app and website for VoiceShare. You should be able to recognize competing priorities and reconcile these with the needs of the end user. You will interface with Product, Editorial, Social Marketing Digital Marketing and Engineering to conceptualize, design, and prototype all key user flows and interactions in order to implement the most coherent and optimal experience for the customer.
What you will do:
- Create comprehensive interface solutions that address business, brand, and user requirements
- Design, sketch, prototype, discuss, and collaborate in order to build the best possible product for our customers across digital platforms (specific focus on Mobile App Web)
- Establish UX design guidelines and templates for near pixel perfect flow
- Take the lead in user testing and research to uncover customer and business needs
- Approach projects from a mobile-first perspective, and advocate for this approach throughout the organization
- Create UX flows that work in a responsive/ adaptive method and take into account the experience on various phone formats, tablets, laptops, and desktops.
- Deliver user-friendly, on brand work that also produces results
- Deliver on the voice of the brand and WavHello strategic goals
- BA/BS degree in graphic design, design communication, human-computer interaction, or related
- Experience participating in the complete product lifecycle development of web and/or software applications
- Ability to create detailed and comprehensive information architecture diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, and screen flows for Mobile apps and Web interfaces
- Ability to recognize competing priorities and reconcile these with the needs of the end user
- Working within an Agile environment
- Thorough with special attention to detail
- Proactive and collaborative
- Experience with working with video content creation and editing
- Experience working with Consumer Goods Packaging
- Experience with Animation
- Exciting startup environment
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid parking
*Benefits package will be effective after 3 months of perm to FTE employee status.