User Experience ResearcherPosted: August 6th, 2016 | Author: editor | Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a comment »
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
The role is responsible for designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research and usability testing for Farmers’ websites and apps. Additionally, the purpose of the role is to identify user needs and goals, task and workflow modeling, ethnography and persona development as well as rapid iterative usability testing and more in-depth testing. Responsibilities: Work closely with product teams to identify research topics. Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, developers and marketing. Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes. Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs. Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods (with a strong understanding of quantitative methods). Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways.
Essential Job Functions
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes qualitative data that directly relates to user experience design.
- Works with UX department and cross departmental teams to develop user test scripts that skillfully solicit feedback from users.
- Acts as a user research resource on cross-disciplinary project/product teams.
- Works with UX designers to test proposed look and feel designs and recommend features, functionality, and specific interactions based on analysis of business goals and user needs.
- Combines quantitative metrics and qualitative feedback into actionable improvements.
- Coordinates, conducts, and moderates usability tests and prepare written analysis.
- Being able to design and develop a custom research plan given a variety of different situations and needs, able to take lots of research data (both quantitative and qualitative) and convert it into actionable recommendations to the design team.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, bending, talking, and hearing. Travel required dependent on BU services
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in User Experience, Interaction Design, Cognitive Science, or Graphic Design, or Human Computer Interaction.
Minimum of 5 years of relevant UX research experience designing and writing discussion guides, screeners, test protocols, and final reports.
Special Skill Requirement
Demonstrated expertise with in-field research, usability testing, in-production a/b testing, interpreting analytics and extracting insights Knowledge and understanding of UX best practices, Lean UX, and Mobile First
An Equal Opportunity Employer
: United States-California-Woodland Hills
: Farmers Insurance
: Strategic Management & Administration