User Interface DesignerPosted: August 20th, 2016 | Author: editor | Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a comment »
WE’RE LOOKING FOR TALENTED, EXPERIENCED USER INTERFACE DESIGNERS WHO THINK NATIVELY IN DEPTH
Magnopus is an experience company founded by a diverse team of Oscar-winning artists and technicians. We’re mixing storytelling, art, and advanced technologies to create Hollywood-caliber augmented reality, virtual reality, and mixed reality experiences in entertainment, education, and more.
(In short, we’re using our powers for good, not evil.)
We’re building a premium experience with global impact that spans VR and AR and we’re looking for a UI designer to join our team to help create a fully spatialized user interface for it. Obviously, great UI Designers understand depth inherently, but spatialization of interaction and control is critical to the design of what we’re doing. Understanding how to simplify functionality by clear design, and use depth to enhance comprehension is key to this position.
We’re looking to create experience consistency across a variety of different types of content displayed in a unified environment with full interactivity.
So If you also work in 3D, that’s even better. If animation is part of your design process, fantastic!
Among your responsibilities will be:
– Ability to execute the visual design for User interfaces that are clean, clear, and beautifully simple.
– Working with others in the UX Team to create experiences containing your designs.
– Listening to other people’s brilliant/stupid ideas, and contributing your own brilliant/stupid ideas to make everyone’s work better.
Core skills and requirements:
– Understanding the appropriate application of Diegetic and Non-Diegetic Interfaces, mixing both Spatial and Meta Elements.
– Passion for precision in details.
– The ability to create beautiful work in 2D or 3D without prejudice.
-Bi-directional Interpersonal Communication (You listen carefully, understand the speaker, and communicate your thoughts and feelings in return either in spoken word, or typed email)
Additional skills considered a plus:
– Game UI Design
– Photoshop / Illustrator
– Maya / Max
– Unreal / Unity
– Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality
– Programming / Scripting langauges
– FocusApply Here