Freelance UX DesignerPosted: September 14th, 2016 | Author: editor | Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a comment »
BLITZ Agency is looking for a freelance UX Designer who is living the digital lifestyle, is passionate about building great user experiences and committed to client success. The candidate we seek will hit the ground running and possess a strong interpersonal dynamic and energy level to match.
The freelance UX Designer will be responsible under the direction of the Director of UX, for producing innovative Interaction Design Models, Functional Specs, Sitemaps, Use Case Scenarios, End User Personas, and wireframes in order to provide the company’s design and development teams with a clear road map, including all the information necessary to execute BLITZ’s and our client’s vision for a variety of interactive projects.
As a member of the User Experience community, the responsibilities will include:
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to create smart, innovative online solutions for our clients.
- Provide data driven insights into customer behavior and an actionable plan for meeting user needs online.
- Champion process and methodology as well as research and evangelize the latest tools, best practices and trends that relate to the field.
- Generate project requirements definition by working with UX Director to understand the client’s goals and objectives, reviewing the competitive landscape, and participating in creative brainstorming sessions with the project team.
- Produce site and competitive-analysis documentation.
- Undertake user personae research and documentation.
- Work with UX and Creative Directors to define functionality, content, navigation, and interaction models through page level wireframes, site-maps, use cases, and functional specification documentation.
- Contribute to the development of content/data models, nomenclature and taxonomies.
- Design, develop and conduct usability tests, as applicable, to validate information architecture and design.
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction and vision of projects, making positive contributions in a tightly-knit, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in design-related discipline: Interaction, Information or Interface design; Human-Computer Interaction; Communications;
- 2+ years of applicable industry experience;
- Candidates must be well-versed in user-centered design methods and techniques;
- Proficient to expert in: Visio, PowerPoint, Photoshop;
- Must have project experience working with teams on large scale, long-term projects;
- Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Prior experience in a software or game design environment or interactive agency preferred.