User Experience DesignerPosted: September 14th, 2016 | Author: editor | Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a comment »
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As User Experience Designer, you’ll work closely with UX leadership, researchers, interdisciplinary teams and other stakeholders to understand League of Legends players and build top-notch user experiences handcrafted to meet their needs. You’ll help shape the UX direction of end-to-end player solutions and find opportunities for further research, improvement and innovation. You’ll also work with your UX teammates to define and implement design standards that enable Riot to create a consistent, quality experience for players across every aspect of League of Legends, from the website to the client and everything in between.
- User experienced: you know core user experience design principles better than you know your own mom, and you’re an expert at the UX tools in your toolbox
- Creatively collaborative: you prefer agile to waterfall any day of the week, and your best work comes from a place of collaboration and teamwork; you play nice with others and know that quality results come from strong communication throughout the design process
- Design independent: you’re comfortable with some degree of ambiguity, and you confidently hit your stride in even the fastest of fast-paced development environments; your brainstorms make other brainstorms look like headsprinkles or nogginfoggies, and you find fresh solutions where others fall victim to ideological dry spells
- Data-driven: You use quantitative analytics and user research to inform your UX designs solutions (pre and post launch), and you know how to articulate ideas that have logic and data to support them
- A web technophile: you understand the technologies involved in creating great web experiences and your designs account for their inherent strengths and limitations
- Player-focused: you love games and game culture, especially competitive online titles like League of Legends; you use your experiences as a gamer along with your knowledge of user-centered design to achieve both player and business goals, and have stories of “a-ha” moments you had while talking with players
- Help facilitate the UX design process within cross-functional teams to solve business and player problems
- Educate and evangelize the importance of human factors, player feedback and data-driven decision making in end-to-end user experience design
- Work with stakeholders and teammates to gather, understand and codify requirements for various projects
- Create interface wireframes and user flows, ensuring iterative feedback is incorporated throughout the development process
- Work with your UX teammates to define and maintain interaction pattern libraries we can share with the rest of Team Riot.