UX Design Intern – Summer 2017Posted: September 14th, 2016 | Author: editor | Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a comment »
Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Experience team is seeking a User Experience (UX) Intern who will be an exceptional addition to our design team. As a UX Designer at Hulu, you will be working with the team that is redefining TV through our best-in-class video streaming experience, which millions of customers use to access world-class premium video content. The UX Design team is a small group of designers who envision how people experience Hulu. We bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical. We’re looking to add an intern who will tackle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for millions of people who love TV- from first-time Hulu users to seasoned binge watchers. Above all, we (and our intern) will create meaningful relationships that bring our customers closer to their favorite content. This role involves a wide range of responsibilities, and our intern’s primary duties are to help support the in-house designers at various stages of the process, from research to design and production. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to design for a multitude of platforms: web, mobile (iOS and Android), and even living room devices like Apple TV, Roku, Xbox and PlayStation. The right person for this internship is not only someone with amazing design chops, but a highly collaborative designer who takes initiative and is passionate about the intersection of technology and television. If you’re an undergraduate student who wants to be a part of the team that’s POWERING PLAY, then we’d love to talk to you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Concepting projects and active participation in critiques.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Ship product alongside product managers, engineers, and other designers.
- Build various visual and prototyping libraries for the team to integrate into their daily work flows.
WHAT TO BRING
- Proficiency in at least one wireframing software (ideally Sketch, but also Omnigraffle or the Adobe Creative Suite).
- Classroom or work experience in prototyping.
- A people-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback.
- High standards and a great attitude.
- PDF portfolio required with application.
- Interactive or high fidelity prototyping (Principle, Origami, Framer.js, HTML/CSS) or motion design experience.